The Reem Hijjawi Fund for Student Loans
The Reem Hijjawi Fund for Student Loans was founded in 2013 as a result of an agreement between the college and Mrs. Reem Hijjawi.The fund aims at offering charity loans to students incapable of paying for university tuition fees to help them obtain their academic degrees only. The Reem Hijjawi Fund’s Control Committee prepares lists of the loan’s applicants, arranges them according to objective and measurable standards and submits them to thecollege dean for approval. In turn, he submits them to the financial department to complete the procedureswith regard tofinancial coverages and legal guarantees.
The Fund’s Control Committee
The fund’s control committee consists of six members:
1. Dean of the College,Dr. Waleed Al-Kukhon- Rapporteur
2. Coordinator of the College Public Relations Department, Mr. Asad Awad - Fund Coordinator
3. Donor Representative,Mr. Abdul Rahman Hijjawi- Member
4. Head of the Loan Department at the university,Ms. Rana Al-Habash-Member
5. Chief Financial Officer,Mr. Islam Hanbali- Member
6. Chief Registrar's Office, Mr. Salah FaeqAbu Zahra-Member
The fund’s control committee performs the following duties:
- The Committee announces loan application and submission deadlines.
- Students must submit the required paperwork to the fund coordinator for auditing.
- The committee audits admits and submits the students’ account statements to the financial department to complete the procedures.
- Accepted students receive a notification of assessment that informsthemto complete the procedures.
Terms and Conditions:
1-Applicants should be enrolled at one of the college programmes
2-Students are committed to havea guarantor for loan submission.
3-Each student is expected to obtain a loan equal to 500 JD a semester.
4-Students should pass all courses and should not commit any misconduct.
5-If the student fails to pass a course, he/she must repay the course fees at his/her expense.
6-Students have to repay the loan over facilitated terms of two years after graduation according to the Financial Department’s chronological and financial mechanisms.
7-Dismissed students or those who leave or withdraw from school and fail to meet their study conditions must repay the obtained loans at their expenses.
8-Application: Loan applications are offered to new enrollees at the beginning of each academic year, and the application forms are offered by the Department of Students’ Affairs.
The excellence grant offers 50% of tuition fees for those who achieve excellent average; that is, 90% or 3.65+. The grant also offers 33% of tuition fees for those who achieve very good average; that is, 85%-89.9% or 3.5-3.64.
Terms and Conditions
Prospective applicants for the excellence grant should meet and comply with the following requirements:
- Prospective applicant should be a regular diploma student.
- Prospective applicant must at least achieve a very good average or its equivalence over two semesters.
Scholarships to Martyrs Siblings (Sons and Brothers)
The Hisham Hijjawi College of Technology covers 100% of tuition fees for martyrs’ sonswho achievea minimum cumulative average of 60%. The college also offers 40% of tuition fees for martyrs’ brothers who achieve a minimum cumulative average of 60% during academic semesters except for summer courses.
Scholarship forEmployees’ Children
Prospective applicants should meet and comply with the following requirements:
- Prospective applicants should be regular diploma students.
- Prospective applicants should have at least one parent who is full time worker at the university.
- The scholarship offers 100% of tuition fees for students who achieve a minimum cumulative average of 70% and offers 50% for those who achieve less than 70% of the cumulative average.
- The tuition discount does not covercourses fees if the students fail them.
- The tuition discount does not cover students who do not comply with the college study plan.
- The scholarship does not cover students who havebeen convicted by the disciplinary committee.
High School Grant
Conditions and Terms:
- Prospective applicant should be a regular intermediate diploma student.
- Prospective applicant should submit an application form,an original or official transcript or a copy of the General Secondary Education Certificate and registration receipt.
- The Ministry of Education and Higher Education writs lists of the grant’s applicants and chooses students who achieve the highest GPA and submits them to the college for approval.
- The grant offers 100% of tuition fees over all academic semesters for students who achieve a minimum cumulative average of 80%.
Loans and Grants Terms and Conditions:
- Students can obtain an excellence grant and a partial grant a semester, if the grants’sum of money does not exceed the amountof tuition fees.
- Students can obtain a student personalloan and another grant from other institutionsa semester, if their sum of money does not exceed the amountoftuition fees.
- If students have got more than one grant in addition toan external one, the external grant covers the tuition feesand the other grants will be cancelled.
- If students have got an external full grant in addition to a loan from the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education, the ministry loan will be cancelled, but if they have a partial grant and a loan, both will be preserved as long as they have the ministry approval.
- Students can only obtain one grant a semester if they are offered two full grants at the same time, but if the grants were partial, both will be submitted provided that their sum of money does not exceed the amount of tuition fees.